Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Empty Nest - Full Nest


The process of gathering back together our family - all of our families for Thanksgiving requires both grace and patience. May you be blessed with an abundant measure of both.

Today I went and saw the movie Bolt, with my six year old and my eighteen year old, and what a great movie it was, fantastic. I give that one a five on my highest rating. It had it all, though the story line was reminicient of the Truman Show it was worth the effort and money, and we all laughed a lot.

We spent today remembering, putting back together our little family, the kids are coming home, we are all going to be back under the same roof together for the first time since July of this year. And it feels great. As I type this I can hear laughter around our little neighborhood of patio homes as others do the same, and begin celebrating the holiday.

All I want to do this holiday though really is remember to be so thankful that it drips off my lips to God every second that I am so grateful for my family, for my life, for what He has given me - though I cannot comprehend what my life is at this moment or the twists and turns of our current path or journey, He knows and He is faithful and I thank Him for that.

May you have a cup that overflows this holiday, remember your God, and rejoice and be thankful!

More to thank God for;

Redvines
Popcorn
Rain
Jude & Brenton Brown
Iphones
Blogs
Facebook
Christiana Reid
Fingers
Turkey

In no particular order, what are you thankful for?

Julie Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment