Monday, October 13, 2008

Blogworthy or Praiseworthy

Tonight I was going to blog on something having to do with politics. I know, crazy. I am sure I would have received many comments. And it would have stimulated some great conversation, but really at the end of the day, what good would have come of it? I would have been able to whip everyone up real good, and I would have been able to get a bunch of traffic to this little blog of mine, but I would have had a bunch of hateful comments to deal with because we've seemingly lost the ability to dialogue with each other. Things are black or white, right or wrong, good or bad, left or right.....

I didn't post what I really wanted to because I knew I would be falling into what I really don't like about blogs; they often become negative and become forums that encourage gossip. Because of my last post and my current scripture reading through Philippians - I just couldn't. So I probably won't even get one comment, but here is a place where we can fix our eyes on Gods goodness Paul helps us to do that, and its really a cool section of scripture; where Paul states, "finally my beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

There is so much in this small amount of scripture to focus on even in the midst of all the fear and uncertainty that we are going through in our world right now. Tonight as I crossed the street with my little african princess there was the most beautiful almost full moon. It was stunning. How beautiful creation is. God is the most awesome of artists, and looking up at that beautiful moon I was quickly put in my place. That moon is so big, and I just thought wow, God, thanks for making that amazing moon, and this awesome day, and my little african princess, and all the cool things that fill my days, but most of all thank you for you.....

He is praise worthy.
What are you praising God for in these extraordinary times?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this reminder that we need to fill our minds with whatever is true, good, honorable and just rather than all of the negativity that our world seems to be filled with.

    We have been memorizing the Psalms out of my daughter's bible, and our current chapter is Psalm 117

    "All ye nations, Praise the Lord, All ye people Praise him! The Lord loves us very much, His truth is everlasting. Praise the Lord!"

    That is definitely something that is good to think on!

    ReplyDelete